A year or two ago, I was making veggie-filled scrambled eggs every day for my kids. Then I was making double every other day. Ryan, in his brilliance, suggested we do “Egg Bake.” So this is his original recipe that I can made my own. This 9×13 pan of delish, serves the basis of my children’s breakfast (along with “red drink” and a carb–which they receive only when the other two items are finished) for all five days of school and leaves a piece or two for me to eat for lunch (I stick with a protein shake for breakfast).
8-10 oz egg whites
2-3 cups broccoli steamed
2-3 cups spinach, chopped
1/2 med red onion diced
2-4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 c water
Bacon or breakfast sausage, cooked (optional)
1. Steam broccoli, cook bacon, sauté onion and garlic together while chopping spinach and preheat oven to 410
2. Add eggs and egg whites and water to bowl and beat with immersion mixer.
3. Cool broccoli in water and chop. Cool bacon and chop.
4. Add all other ingredients to eggs. Mix well.
5. Pour into a 9×13 greased pan and cook at 410 for 30 min or cooked through.
6. Serve heated in a toaster oven for breakfast